We welcome families and students from every stage of their education to be a part of our learning community. Our dedicated admissions team will ensure a smooth and easy admissions process for you as per your requirements.
The Oxford School is pleased to announce that registrations for the 2021-22 academic year are now open for students from FS2 (age 4 years) through to Year 13 (age 17 years).
To begin the admission process fill up the online enquiry form here or under the home page of The Oxford School, Dubai. Complete the Online Student Enquiry & Registration. Once you complete the enquiry form, you will receive an acknowledgement with an online reference number and advice on the following steps.
Note : Request AS (Year 12) and A2(Year 13) applicants to fill up their online application soon after the IGCSE (Year 11)results are published as the admissions are on first come first serve basis with the criteria requirement fulfilled as mentioned in the subject option form.
Parents should pay the Registration Fee of AED 250/- online or by visiting the school to initiate the registration process.
- This fee is Non-refundable if the school offers the student a place, but the student chooses not to take it.
Parents are required to provide the listed documents to complete the application.
- Please note you are requested to upload the documents online. Due to the large volume of applications, we will not be able to accept these documents through email.
Our Academic team will review the child’s school reports and the child will be scheduled for an assessment/interview.
- Passport (Copies for child, Parents/sponsor)
- Residency visa page (Copies for child, Parents/Sponsor)
- Emirates ID card back & front (Copies for child, father and mother- when available)
- Copy of your child’s birth certificate in English (if in Arabic, please provide translation to English)
- Recent passport size photograph of your child
- Copies of your child’s last 2 years’ school reports for children entering Year 1 and above, last 2 years’ school reports and CAT 4 report for children entering Year 3 and above
- 6 months validity medical, therapy report, if your child is with special educational needs.
- Copy of your child’s immunization card
- Original Emirates ID of child and both the parents (will be required if your child is accepted into The Oxford School)
- Transfer certificate or previous schools’ leaving certificate. (original will be required on or before your child’s first day at the school, if your child is accepted into The Oxford school, Dubai)
The above supporting documents are the minimum mandatory requirement to process your application.
Your child will be invited by the School Registrar for an assessment/ interview via email notification or phone.
CAT4 exams/ Interview/ Written Assessments/ report card evaluation will be decided for approving each student’s admissions and accordingly coordinated by the school Registrar and the Results will be notified via email or by phone.
As an alternative to an On Campus Visit, schedule a 1-on-1 Virtual Meeting with our School Registrar. Schedule a time slot for a call back or a virtual meeting with our Admissions representatives to assist and guide you through your child’s admissions journey. The virtual meeting will be through Zoom.
Admission Officer will be sending confirmation letters to successful applicants, subject to seat availability.
- After the student has been offered a place and parents have accepted the offer, an admission fee of AED 500/- along with Seat confirmation fee of 10% of the Tuition fee is payable either in cash or through credit card and is deductible from the tuition fees for the academic year.
- This is a non-refundable deposit and shall be payable within 10 working days to confirm the seat. If it is not paid within 10 working days, the admission will be moved to the waiting list and may only be available by turn.
- The tuition fee is payable at the beginning of each term in advance for all the 3 terms. The 1st term tuition fee along with the annual fee shall be payable before the beginning of the 1st term.
It is important to note that admissions at this stage is subject to approval from the KHDA, where a routine document check is done. Subsequent to this admission will be regularized. Once the above process is completed student is officially enrolled.
AGE REQUIREMENTS GUIDELINES
TOS places students in age-appropriate year levels in accordance with the Ministry of Education/KHDA regulations.
Families are encouraged to use the country comparison chart below to ensure that they are applying to the correct Year level, considering the differences that exist in the naming of “grades” around the world.
If there are questions about the correct grade-Year level placement, please contact the Admission Team. Please note the new KHDA regulations for FS1/FS2 applications September 2021/22 and the changes of age requirements: Click Here
|Age as of August 31 of each school year||Year|
|3 years old||
FS1 (Nursery/ Pre.K.G)
|4 years old||
|5 years old||
|6 years old||
|7 years old||
|8 years old||
|9 years old||
|10 years old||
|11 years old||
|12 years old||
|13 years old||
Transfer Certificate Guidelines:
Transfer certificate must be on official school letterhead and must contain the below information:
- Full name of student
- Date of birth
- Enrolment date and the year group when the child first started at the current school
- Present class
- Year/Grade completed
- Year/Grade promoted to
- School curriculum
- Principal signature and school stamp
If transferred from a school within the GCC (GCC Countries- Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, Oman) or from another UAE Emirate, transfer certificate must be attested by the Ministry of Education.
Children coming from countries other than USA, Australia, Canada, Western Europe, Japan and New Zealand should have the original Transfer Certificate (TC) attested by:
- Ministry of Education (from country of TC origin),
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs (from country of TC origin)
- UAE Embassy (from country of TC origin).
Please note, as per the KHDA mandate, the following criteria need to be adhered to and an undertaking of acceptance and agreement to the below is required in order to confirm admission for your child.
- Any student transferring from schools inside Dubai shall be allowed to attend classes commencing from September of the new academic year only when the transfer certificate is received from the previous school, and registration has been completed with the original Emirates ID of the student and the parent (Sponsor).
- Any student transferring from other emirates of the UAE shall be allowed to attend classes commencing from September of the new academic year only when the transfer certificate from the previous school, duly attested by the Ministry of Education of that emirate, is received, and registration has been completed with the original Emirates ID of the student and the parent (Sponsor).
- Any student from outside the UAE shall be allowed to attend classes commencing from September of the new academic year upon submission of a leaving certificate, duly attested by the Ministry of Education, Ministry of Foreign affairs and the UAE embassy of the country of the previous school, and when registration has been completed with the original Emirates ID of the student as well as the parent (Sponsor).
Should you wish to speak with the Admission Officer for further information about the school or wish to make an appointment to meet with the Principal prior to completing an online application form.
Please phone +971 4 254 3666 Extn : 207
Email at email@example.com